Wednesday, October 17, 2007

wonder drug

I've been out of the pool for two months now. You know how it is.....Life gets in the way.

Well....yesterday I decided it was time to return to some semblance of normalcy. These gills were drying up and in desperate need of that wonderful concoction two parts hydrogen one part oxygen, with a splash of bromide to taste.

Time to get wet.

A warm welcome back from Coach Dennis & my lane mates and a fairly simple set.....helped ease my re-entry.

50 meter pool

2 x [200s/100k/200p]

3 x [150 @ 2:45 -10 kicks off the wall; 4 x 50 @ 1:15 - 25 choice fast/25 ez; 150 @ 3:00 progressive by 50]

300 pull @ moderate

300 kick @ ez

Total = 3100 meters

I'm always aware of where I sit in the water......hand placement......shoulder roll....hip level.... but that didn't stop me from saying to myself..... "thank god for muscle memory". I didn't drown. I didn't blow a gasket. And more importantly....

I felt better.

8 comments:

Daddy Papersurfer said...

I'm going to continue taking my exercise through you - so I feel better now as well. What are we doing tomorrow? A gentle scuba dive or perhaps some wind-sailing ....... come on, let's do it!

Anonymous said...

good for you! i was just planning my next swim outing. it has been too long and i am getting cranky.

twin said...

Well Dad....we yoga'd (power vinyasa) yesterday. Now we're beat to hell.

M - let me know how it goes. Need a lane mate?

Gaz said...

Oldman has it the right way, do it by osmosis! Or you could play boat wake in her pool......;-)

Daddy Papersurfer said...

Gaz is soooooooo sensible..... but not boring, obviously.

misterwoppit said...

I had a bath and then had to run for my bus. Does that count?

twin said...

Absolutely....and welcome, misterwoppit.

Kono said...

Thanks for stopping by the Lounge, NM, been following the little tiff among the boys and it's quite amusing, i figured it'd be alot a mellower in the pacific nw (waves, better smoke) but it appears the boys are just as pent-up and angst ridden as those of us in the rust belt, i'd give my low-life opinion but i might need to write a book, happy surfing.