Friday, October 05, 2007

onward

Baby steps, slow & steady or the headlong rush...

Forward

...is the direction we should want to be moving in.

Today I watched the Big B slide himself to the edge of his bed....and with a little assist from Dad...lower himself into his wheelchair. Fortunately for him...I was sans pompoms.

He may not realize it....but these are huge steps forward from just a week ago. A steady progression...despite minor hurdles.

Even got a smile & laugh out of him....when I told him "no speeding tickets". Of course...he immediately followed with the requisite eye roll. A gesture I often choose to ignore. Today....made me smile.

Forward movement...for all.

3 comments:

Bill Graber said...

One Day at a time...one Step at a time

Daddy Papersurfer said...

"like a gazelle" often works as well - good news

Anonymous said...

viva la progress!!