Monday, October 15, 2007

gracious

Two weeks out of the water, injuries, hectic work weeks.....I was in desperate need of surf, when we headed to the beach Saturday. I figured I'd be satisfied with whatever the swell brought....even a beating sounded good.

Imagine our surprise when we pulled up to see head high peaks.....light off-shores....and the sun shining. A beautiful fall weekend in Oregon.

The cuteboy ditched me in the parking lot. Apparently....I wasn't (un)dressing fast enough. I stood perusing the various peaks....opting for a paddle out at Chambers. There were some long lefts and freight train rights coming through....could be fun. But it was crowded and a nasty rip was tearing through some of the peaks. So... I headed south to Timbuktu where I found myself splitting an empty peak with the Bearhunter and Mr. Lopez.

A couple hours.....trading waves.....smiling......enjoying the good surf.

Back for more Sunday morning....I found myself once again splitting a south peak with Mr. Lopez and the Bearhunter. Fast & furious rights. Steep long lefts. I had a front row seat to Gerry's beautiful carving on big bombers. And when he started cross-stepping to the nose....I told him to stop showing off.

Without getting too starry-eyed....I have to say.....Mr. Lopez is as gracious as he is graceful. The Bearhunter and I were scratching to get over an outside set....when Gerry dropped into the right. Bearhunter made it over. I......almost made it over.

Sssoooooooorrrrryyyyyyyyyy Nnaaaaaaaannnnccccyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!

....I heard Gerry yell as he rode over my tail..... sucking me backwards over the falls. No worries, Gerr.....I like a little rough play from cute older boys. Tee hee....

7 comments:

Surfsister said...

I don't know if I'm more jealous about the presence of Gerry Lopez or the idea of some good lefts.

Daddy Papersurfer said...

Was all that good or bad? Is Gerry Lopaz a super star? Is cute boy always ditching you? Are there bears in the water out there? You like cute older boys?

Oooo ...... your sister has got sausages growing out of her head - does she know?

pushingtide said...

awesome!

Gazelle said...

This weekend was awesome - it was warmer than most summer days. And with better surf!

I'm a bit jealous of the presence of the legend, too.

Gaz said...

I didn't ditch nobody! The waves were calling is all!

pranaglider said...

This is all too funny (in a good way). Something no one has mentioned as yet is that Mr. Lopez is an outstanding shaper. Has anyone thought to inquire as to the availablity of a shaped blank with winter approaching?

twin said...

gaz - I know my place....the other woman always comes first. And...finish your sentence.

Dad - Yes.... It was all good. Gerry is a star. Cuteboy is always ditching me. There are bears out there. and... I like cute older boys. Oh...and my sister had dreads. Bet they look great when they're drenched with salt water.

Prana - you're right. Surprised the board whore (gaz) hasn't hit Gerry up for a board....yet.