Tuesday, March 13, 2007

bromide

50 meter pool

400 swim
200 kick
200 pull
200 swim

3 x {3x100 @ 2:00 desc. 1-3 to strong; 6x50 pull @ 1:00 ez}

300 kick - build

6 x 50 @ 1:10 - 25 fast/ 25 ez

cool down...

No more chlorine!

I grew up a pool rat....spending virtually all day in & at the pool. Sun-tanned and fried white hair. Never green. The pool guys (always a bunch of slack lifeguards) knew what the hell they were doing....and always kept the ph & ash levels straight on. Needless to say........I've never had a "good hair day". And quite possibly.... if I'd bought stock in Jergens body lotion......I'd be rich.

Chlorine.

It was Nancy Reagan (I believe) that coined the phrase "Just Say No" to drugs. My twin & I would joke about not needing to do lines of cocaine.....as we did "lines" of chlorine....every day....twice a day. We even had T-shirts made up that said "Cl2...just say no". (Our coach/dad was not amused.)

Anyway.....

There are 3 pools at the club I'm a member of. The 50 meter pool has become the guinea pig for this test. Over the weekend they swapped out the chlorine for bromide. We'll see how it goes. Only noticed a few differences: softer water, no cotton mouth & no familiar itch after getting out of the pool.

Doubt it will help me swim any faster....

No comments: