Thursday, May 03, 2007

two peas...

























...in a pod.

S....the other half that makes up my twin-ness.

I'm sporting the specs. She's sporting the six-month-old. This pic is couple years old.

She doesn't surf. Always giving me some lame excuse about big bitey fish. No problem....I don't ski. Okay...not entirely true. I snowboard...occasionally.

In a funk for a few days....I rang her up.

Our conversations are riddled with laughter...over absolutely nothing. And are often so obscure....even the most astute eves-dropper wouldn't know what the hell we were giggling about. Our parents gave up years and years ago at ever trying to crack our code. Instead....they resigned themselves to receiving our conversations in duplicate. No...not finished sentences. My parents were blessed. They got our conversations...twice. Instant replay. I would say something. Not five minutes later S would walk into the room and say the exact same thing. Then I would accuse her of being a twin...which always started the giggle-fest.

Anyway........today's conversation.....no different.

N: Hey....what's up?

S: Not much. Where are you?

N: At work.

S: What're you doing? (starts laughing)

N: Avoiding work. (starts me laughing) ....what's the name of the guy that was in...shit, can't remember the name of the movie...? (giggling) ....gets out of prison....looking for the guy that killed his daughter? Lots of gratuitous violence.... (extra giggles)

S: Terence (giggles) Stamp. The Limey. (more giggling)

N: Crap....I can never remember his name. Thanks.

S: Why?

N: No reason....just couldn't remember. Okay...back to work.

S: Later...(still giggling)


Yep....felt much better after that conversation. (giggles)

6 comments:

Beach Bum said...

Heh - yes, would be a shame to chop those locks off - don't feel the need to reciprocate but I've added you to the worthy few of Beach Bum's best blog links. I also spotted yr link to a BBC Northern Ireland website 'bout surfing. My old stomping ground and back in the bad old days - you try finding a board there !! Have you any connection with Portstewart or was that just a whim? PS also liked the sea turtle. Beach BBQ long weekend comin up ... stay chilled.

Beach Bum

pushingtide said...

You are a lucky lady.

Miss Jeanette said...

Oh....now I miss our midnight chats....whachoo doin tonight?
I just cracked a jug of Hoodsport raspberry red.

Call me.

pushingtide said...

Is it wrong to look at this post again? ;)

twin said...

sweets...stear clear of twitch...he's icky.

Mr. T...thank you & no(?)

Anonymous said...

this makes me wish I had a twin. even a skiing one would do