Friday, May 18, 2007

timeless

...hickory dickory dock
the mouse ran up the clock
the clock struck one
the mouse ran down
hickory dickory dock...


I've been without my watch...for five days now. Inadvertently, I left it at the beach.

Aarrrgghhh.....driving me nuts.

Not only do I feel naked....but not wearing it has thrown off my stride. Without that metal monstrosity weighting down my left wrist.....my gait is completely askew. I won't even get into the fact that I haven't been able to stare at it/adjust it/fiddle with it throughout my day.

Today during my (daily) trek down the hill to the club... I tried shifting my gym bag to my left shoulder....take up some slack. But then my right shoulder felt naked. So I stuffed my right hand into my jean pocket....thinking I should keep the damn thing from flapping around like a beached bass. Christ....not a good idea. There's a reason my mother calls me grace....

Not to worry though.....I was able to avert the near fatal face plant into the cement.

Now....what time is it?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah. I lost my watch last week and forgot to get a new waterproof cheapy before today's session. Unfortunately, i am tied to the time in the mornings and it is tough to know what time it is when you are surfing alone. Of course i came in worried and coulda surfed for another 30 mins. Oh well.

Anonymous said...

I'm beginning to think we could be related. Has your mother ever been to England in her flighty days?

twin said...

Dearest Dad....flighty is not a word I would ever use to describe my mother.