Tuesday, September 29, 2009

warlock

I was on the phone with the cute boy tonight as I pulled into the parking lot.

It was empty...save for me.

I mentioned that the emptiness...
while generally relished...
had started to creep me out.

I often let my imagination get the better of me.

His advice...don't talk to or go with anyone.
And...keep your fist clenched until you hit bone.

I assured him...
I keep my key grasped between my fingers like a weapon.

With that...I started off on my usual hike.

Wouldn't you know it...not ten minutes in...
I came upon a guy pissing on the trail.

Nice.

For close to twenty years I've been hiking Hoyt.
I have never felt unsafe in these woods.

But every now & then...
I do get spooked.

I see things...


...the warlock that watches over me as I trudge up the hill.

Cursed imagination...






Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Daddy Papersurfer said...

You're frightening me now!!!! *shake*

twin said...

don't worry dad...the gum drops & red cape keep me safe. hee!

nursemyra said...

I'm with daddyp.... you've got me worried now

Gaz said...

Xena princess hiker!

Doughboy said...

I've stalked many a a wooden animal in the woods.

Beach Bum said...

If you go dwon to the woods today .... muuuhhhaaaaaa