Monday, July 21, 2008

One Day Board

Shaper: Neftali Espino
Board: The Hemorrhoid (6'4" moontail twin fin)

The cuteboy & I first met Nef on a trip down south two years ago.
I talk to everyone in the water....and happened to strike up a conversation with him. Every trip since...we run into him. So when we stumbled across this little shaper's shack last week....we were stoked to see it was his.


Not sure how I got talked into having him shape me a board....but I'm extremely pleased with the end result. Exactly what I've been looking for in a short board...

Made on Monday. Surfed on Tuesday.

From blank to glassed board in 8 hours....
















Posted by Picasa

15 comments:

christian said...

That is such an amazing story. I love the photos, too.

Gazelle said...

Sea Shepherd fins! Sweet.

Anonymous said...

wow - so that's how they're made

ras said...

hey twin. I would love if you could do a little photo essay for Phoresia.org about the custom board experience. Interested? you can reach me phoresia.org at gmail.com

6ftnperfect said...

coolest post of the month! I miss that area.

Jamie Welsh Watson said...

Wow, that was awesome, love all the photos. The artwork on that door that says "Homegrown" kills me - I would love to have a print of that entire wall! Congrats on your new board.

Anonymous said...

Yes!!! This is great. Nothing better. Love that dudes shapin' shack. STOKED!! Thanks for sharin'.

-pushingtide

Foul Pete said...

Wow. That's my type of board. Can't wait to have a look at that in person. Don't leave it hanging around unattended NM...

(Dims?)

patrick said...

love the pic of gzz holding the roll of glass in a jesus christ pose. Are you going to have it around at PC this weekend? would love to scope it out.

twin said...

FW - 6'4" x 15 x 20 1/4 x 11 1/8 x 2 3/4

smitty - the board will be in pc...check w/gaz. I'll be in gp watching the v-man compete in a swim meet.

Pringle Tech said...

How can I get in touch with Neph. He's an old friend of mine and have lost contact with him during his adventures. I need to replace my old home grown fish.

twin said...

Scott...take note of the # posted on the door of the shaping shack.

Beach Bum said...

OOh - I love that fin ...

Unknown said...

Was wondering, since you saw him shape your board. Are all the boards he shapes epoxy boards?

twin said...

Welcome, Daniel.

Not epoxy. Walker blank w/ polyester uv cured resin.

To my knowledge....Nef doesn't make epoxy boards.