Tuesday, November 27, 2007

community


ras touched on this (in a comment) the other day.

We....surfers(?)....have one thing in common. Well....sometimes more than one thing. Most definitely one thing...binds us...brings us together...creates a community.

It's not a T-shirt.

It's not talk.

And...

It's certainly not.... temperament.

I read through a lot of surf blogs.

Some....continually pique my interest.

Others....not so much. (Which has more to do with my interest in a person's writing style...than their written topic.)

But......every day I'm back.

Wading through the muck & mire.

Why?

Passion.

The binding element......to this community.


8 comments:

Kono said...

Passion is the essential ingrediant for a life less ordinary, without it whats the point and people need to have something to be passionate about, i just wish more people were passionate about things like surfing and reading instead of politics and religion, i see to many people who look like they couldn't spell the P-word on my walk to work every morning while i admire the sunrise, the clouds, the city's song, my coffee, the smell of breakfast joints and what have you, then again i may have read Henry Miller a few to many times but then again i guess i'm pretty passionate about books... or a nerd, haha.

Gazelle said...

I'm back every day, too. Bloggers Anonymous, anyone?

twin said...

kono - I take my morning commute through the park....just so I may see the seasons change, spot a glimpse of the coyote and avoid reading license plates. (As much as I like to read...I have to draw the line somewhere.)

gazelle - the cuteboy calls this place the crack connection. Perhaps BA is warranted...?

Gazelle said...

I saw a story in the newspaper a week or so ago that S. Korea is the number one internet connected country - they now have a gov't sponsored camp to break kids of the "crack connection." I do think BA is warranted, at least for the worst cases...

ras said...

we'll if I ever come back to OR we'll have to go for a surf or meet for a beer at Billy Ray's on MLK. they got ping pong and I gotta place to crash across the way. and gaz is a lucky man.

twin said...

Ping pong it is! ....apres surf, of course.

Daddy Papersurfer said...

Hello ....... where have I been and am I still there?

Beach Bum said...

And I for one, am glad of it...