Sunday, January 03, 2010

psycho(loca)lized

I...WE...had an interesting start to the new year.

yesterday....
I
came face to face with
the (one of many) town crazy.

I had walked to the mart for 13 bean soup fixens....beans, onion, tomato, cilantro.
I already had the ham hock.

on my way home...
I stopped to take a couple pics of the geese
that were occupying the Martella Farm pasture land

next thing I know....
some guy is yelling at me
cursing
coming up the street at me
with a big stick in his hand

I look around...
'cuz...well...you know
he couldn't possibly be talking to me

oops...

he's coming at me
yelling at me
telling me
I can't take pics
HERE

Where?

really...
i'm standing in the street
public street...that is
taking pics
of geese

needless to say...
he came right up to me
shaking his stick
telling me to leave

scared the crap out of me

I thanked him...and left.

what was I going to do...
throw a can of tomato & green chili at him?

I hurried home
trying to gain my composure before walking in the door

no such luck

I was in tears
angry
upset
at being scared
on a street
that I walk
all the time

not a good scenario
for the cute boy

I think I got out the words

"threatened"
"some guy"
&
"stick"

he was out the door
and
pissed

at this point...
my imagination has gotten the better of me

do I call the sheriff to report the harassment?
or...
call the sheriff to protect the crazy from
the wrath of gaz?

not to worry though...

the guy wouldn't come out of his cabin
while gaz screamed at him
threatening to pull him out
through the window and beat him silly

my hero
(chivalry is not dead)

the sheriff did come
I did give my report
and...being familiar with this particular guy
the sheriff
gave him a talking to

of course...

I'm still laughing at the irony of it all

small town drama
lack of meds
threats of violence

all for
a peaceful picture

of geese



ps.....we surfed today
Posted by Picasa

13 comments:

nursemyra said...

Well at least you go to surf. And it is a lovely peaceful photo of the geese

Daddy Papersurfer said...

Who would have thunk! He's my hero now as well ....... *swoon*

Gaz said...

It's a lovely tale of the mentally ill who don't get the proper care they NEED and the powers that be who are aware of the cycle he goes through, just telling us "oh he's harmless....really". (please reform medical insurance in this country ASAP)

Me losing my mind and thankfully not crossing the line...

Now he's staying inside until the next round of meds kicks in and he can mingle again...

:-)

Wave Farmer said...

Ding's usually pretty reasonable too?

christian said...

I'm sorry that happened. It's a terrible feeling the way things can suddenly change for the worse.

I'm glad you surfed. :)

Jamie Welsh Watson said...

Wow. That was a good story. I'm sorry the scary part happened to you. Your dude is cool. The photo is so pretty, you'd never look at it and imagine that's what happened. I need a recipe for bean soup, I may hit you up for that.

Travel / Surf Guy said...

Nice pic and great story.
We've got a few "loopys" around here and you often wonder if they'll just "go off" at you for no reason and then logic kicks in and you have to ask yourself - what the hell could happen here. Best advice - steer well clear and leave them in their own little world!!

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear that. Yah. Good ole Oregon coast, tweaker central. Full on love hate relationship for me. Sometimes think I could live there, other times not. But damn I've been getting localized for almost 5 seasons now and every time I come home and tell my wife, she just laughs and says "surfing is stupid". Every time. Maybe I need me a Gaz.

twin said...

Ha Ha Dub! I might be willing to rent him out on occasion....for the right price. :)

And your wife is right....surfing is stupid. ;-)

Kono said...

Big ups to Gaz for doing the right thing, mentally ill or not sometimes you gotta scare the shit out of em right back, was in downtown Cleveland one time while a black man stood screaming
"whaddya you white people know about the projects, come down here go shop, whaddya know" he then proceded to scream it in my sister's face and being young and angry and for the record not a racist, my 17yr ass got nose to nose with him and screamed right back, "my father grew up in the projects so fuck you" and my dad did grow up in the projects, he took me there and showed me the place, of course being about 6'3 with mohawk probably didn't hurt either but he quickly shuffled off. point taken point earned.

pabs said...

Luckily that guy didn't follow you out into the water...a proper beat-down would of surely ensued! ;-)

Mick said...

I bet Gazza got lucky that night!!
Great geese by the way Nance.
xx

6ftnperfect said...

Yeah, but, you got the shot!

I had a similar, but much less scary incident shooting from my parked car. I had to decide, run over him, or drive off. I'm not in jail, so I guess that tells you what I did!