Monday, July 02, 2007

cso


In all my years of competitive swimming...16...Nationals, Regionals and State...I don't ever recall being nervous before a race. Prelims...finals...didn't matter....it was just another race.

Surf contests...on the other hand...make me want to puke. Nerves of steel become frantic butterflies.

Regardless....I do have a good time.



Sonja doing her best to cross step through a short-lived left for the inside connection.

(Her very first foray into contests. The genius got a breather.)

photo courtesy Pamela Clark
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I must ask Penfold for a surfing dictionary.
Jolly well done.......probably, possibly or perhaps not at all. Please select correct response.

Word verification zfapknr strangely makes more sense.

Doughboy said...

Saw the results. I would have expected no less. Wouldn't you know it though, finally a year of managable (albeit small) surf, and I am not able to make the show.

Anonymous said...

I couldn't even begin to sign an application form for a surf competition. You are way brave...

The Colonel said...

Rrrrriping, Rocky.