Friday, April 20, 2007

four eyes


Seventeen days.....straight....behind a desk. Yesterday....they finally set me free. Now that's a good F... word. Sat and watched for awhile (yesterday) until it was finally time to get wet. The sun was shining. Easy paddle out. Good crew in the cove. And....as if my special order had come through....the left was working. Not my day though. Forty minutes in the water (damn those F... words) and I lost my first set of eyes. In I go....for the long (blind) walk up the beach....to the car. New set of eyes in....back to the water. Poor timing on my part. Thought I had the lull figured.....nope. Half way out....and in comes the clean up set. Three white water bombs on the head....and I was once again without eyes. Fuck. Another fabulous F... word. Unable to see....rode the white water in....as I was done.

Can't complain too much....

Sunny day.....crystal clear water....time away from my desk.
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Mick said...

Seventeen days..not good nmnmnmn.
Glad you got wet.:)

penfold said...

...another bespectacled surfer! Unlucky on the lenses but good to get a few waves though...

Gazelle said...

nothing like taking a beating from the ocean to set you straight...

i could use that right about now.

Unknown said...

I saw this guy wearing his glasses with croakies in the line up at your favorite break.

Have you considered it?

Gaz said...

LOL...that would be cool!

twin said...

Oh right. ...like I'm going to give YOU additional reason to laugh at me. ;-)

Indy - yeah...I've used the sport goggles/glasses....they fog up. ...the equivalent of not being able to see.

Anonymous said...

Rad!